Sunday, December 27, 2015


On 1/5/16, Jackie told me that Pam was doing better after having the clamps or stitches or whatever (I forgot what Jackie told me) removed.

Pam Mason Shanholtz has kidney removed

My sister, Jackie Olesky Straight, Class of 1955, who lives in Rivesville, provided this health report on Pam Mason Stanholtz, Class of 1970:

Pam Mason Shanholtz (MHS), sister of Patty Mason Wells (1955), recently had surgery to have one kidney removed.  While she is home now, she's in much pain.  The biopsy hasn't return as yet so she doesn't know what lies ahead.  We are asking for prayers for her recovery.  Her address is: 6 Kessla Way, Shinnston, WV 26431.  I'm sure thinking of you cards from her friends/classmates would be appreciated.  Pam is a Medical Technologist at United Hospital Center with my daughter, Belinda Straight Morris.

Pam’s mother is Nedra Lucille Holbert Mason celebrated her 100th birthday in Monongah Baptist Church A YEAR AGO!

Pam and Patricia Sue Mason Wells, Class of 1955, live with Lucille in Shinnston. They drive mama from Shinnston to Monongah every Sunday so that Lucille can attend Monongah Baptist Church. She’s been a member for nearly half of the church’s 200+ years of existence.

When I ran the story in 2014 about Lucille’s 100th birthday and sent the information to my long-time friend, John Veasey, editor of the Fairmont Times (during my 43-year newspaper editor career, I tried unsuccessfully to hire John on the Dayton Daily News), Pam and Patty wrote a thank-you email to me that concluded:

“It is our privilege to care for our mom as she cared for us throughout our lives.  She continues to be our inspiration as she daily shows us about growing old with grace.”

Again, if you want to send get-well and/or best wishes to Pam, the address is:

Pam Mason Shanholtz

6 Kessla Way

Shinnston, WV

   26431

Good luck, Pam.

No comments:

Post a Comment