Sunday, December 20, 2015



Dolores Edwards, Class of 1955, Monongah High Alumni Association vice president, has Marion County drooling over her baked sauerkraut.

She came by it naturally. She spent her childhood with her grandmother, who was Polish and “made everything from cabbage.”

That love started at a young age. The Four States resident spent her childhood with her grandmother, who was Polish and “made everything from cabbage,” according to Edwards.

Her children David, Richard, Patty, Barbara and Cathy benefitted from the hand-me-down recipes.

Just reading about it made me think of my Polish grandmother, Mary Peremba Olesky, who filled my tummy with delicious Old Country food a few years after I was born in her house on Walnut Street.

My childhood was a euphoria of golabki (aka golomsky), kielbasa and pierogi.

No comments:

Post a Comment