Saturday, February 21, 2015

Monongah firefighter Shawn Teets and friends at his farewell party
Monongah firefighter moving to Florida

They threw a farewell party for Shawn Teets that darn near required the Monongah Fire Department. They were handy because some of them were at the party because Shawn was one of their own.

Shawn posted:

Cleaning out my locker and turning my stuff in at the fire department was definitely one of the hardest parts of this move. To the guys at the Monongah Fire Department, it's been a pleasure serving with you and I'll miss all of you. From sitting on the bumper of 101 until daybreak talking about everything and nothing to crawling through fires and even sharing tears for lost friends and patients, you guys have always been there and I'll cherish that no matter where I'm at.

“No one understands The Brotherhood unless they have been a part of it and I'm thankful we were lucky enough to experience it. God bless you all and stay safe!”


Shawn, a dispatcher for the Fire Department, is moving to Florida where the heat comes from the sun more often than from fires.

On the way South, he posted:

Best roads: Birmingham, Alabama.

Worst roads:Chattanooga, Tennessee/

Dumbest drivers: Everyone I passed in Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment