Thursday, February 26, 2015

Blast from the past
Saints Peter & Paul School students Tina Hall, Tina Henderson, Stephany Shelosky, Cheri Mikulski, Julie DeMary and Romy Hawkins.
I got an excellent education from the Sisters of the Auxiliaries of the Apostolates there. 
And calluses on my behind from Sister Ursala, who could have played linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and Sister Agnes, who flew by our Church Street home in her brother’s jeep but gave me a foundation in English and grammar that led to a 42-year newspaper career.
If you have memories of the nuns, who taught most of the coal miners’ children in Monongah, email John Olesky at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com and I’ll add them in this Monongah High Alumni blog.




1 comment:

  1. Whatever happened to Sister Monica she used to be a fifth grade teacher there in the 80s I was one of her students

    ReplyDelete