Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tom Fleming released from hospital

Tom Fleming, North Marion Class of 1982 who started at Monongah High before it consolidated into NMHS, is home in Bridgeport from the hospital.

Tom Fleming
As is normal among West Virginians, he had plenty of offers for a ride home and his dogs were well cared for by family and friends.

Tom wrote:
“I had a lot of wonderful people offer to bring me home -- Mom carol, rusty, jimmy, June (Westfall) and Robert who edited for hers with me after taking care of my dogs and brought me home. Thanks to wife Amanda for giving him up so long for me I know he has tons to do there and has been so busy working for so many years.”
Tom is married to Ruby, who also went to Monongah High before transitioning to North Marion.
In an earlier deal with health problems, Tom had a bout with hernia. Hopefully, it had nothing to do with his love of horses.
I’m not sure of Tom Fleming’s lineage, but his father may be Earl or Jack Fleming, whose father Fred Fleming was their younger brother. Fred is the father of Barbara Fleming Marsh, Class of 1947, a former Monongah High majorette who lives in Thousand Oaks, California, and the late Fred Fleming, Class of 1946.
Barbara and Fred grew up on Fleming Hill, which had several family homes above Booth’s Creek and the railroad trestle just off the West Fork River. They learned how to safely climb across a stopped train’s couplers while listening for the signal that the train would be moving again.

If you have memories of Tom Fleming, or the Fleming family, email John Olesky at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com and I’ll include them in this Monongah High Alumni blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment