Saturday, October 11, 2014

Help Phil & MHS by voting for baseball team’s name

Phil Colanero, Class of 1963, submitted Black Diamonds (the name of Monongah High’s yearbooks every year) as a name for the minor league baseball team coming to Morgantown.

Now Phil (and, by proxy, MHS and its Black Diamond yearbook) needs YOUR help to be a winner.

Black Diamonds is one of 10 finalists for the name for the new team that will play in the same stadium, but not during the same time span, as WVU and Fairmont State.

Fan voting on the 10 finalists will determine the winning name for the minor league team.

Write’s Phil, who lives in Morgantown with Betty Hanlin:

“John

“I sent in a name for the new baseball team coming to Morgantown next year__I submitted the Black Diamonds--My suggestion is one of the ten finalists--would you send out a memo to our alumni and ask that they go to  the website www.Morgantownprobaseball.com   and vote for the Black Diamonds, my entry
“Would be much appreciated.

“Thanks

“Phil”

The stadium will be ready for play in 2015.

Click on http://www.morgantownprobaseball.com/

to vote. 

I voted for Black Diamonds, to honor coal miners like my late father and my alma mater, Monongah High. It took about 15 seconds to vote once you click on the URL in blue above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment