Sunday, February 28, 2016

After all these years: Goodbye, Worthington!

Donna at MHS
Donna Lou McGinnis Suppa, Class of 1963, spent her childhood in Worthington, went to Monongah High and Fairmont State from the U.S. 19 town, and raised her children there.

Now, after seven decades,  the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources retiree is moving to Shinnston.

Donna today
Donna explains:
“Too much of a house and property for me to manage. House I am buying is all on one level.

“It will be hard since this is my home place, my childhood home and my children, too.

It’s only 6 miles from Worthington to Shinnston, but it will seem like worlds away to Donna. I still miss my Monongah hometown, where I had so many pleasant memories.

On Donna’s Facebook page are photos with Christina Suppa Tucker and Melissa Suppa Knotts.

Donna with Melissa Suppa Knotts
Monongah High graduates include:

Jack Lee Suppa, Class of 1963.

Linda McGinness Sandy, Class of 1965.

If you want to send Donna a housewarming wish, go to her Facebook page.

While cleaning out her Worthington home, Donna found a memento of her past, a Monongah High Lions photo.

Roar!!!  All the way to Shinnston.

No comments:

Post a Comment