Wednesday, November 26, 2014


Please name names

I am beginning to convert the 1961 Monongah High Black Diamond yearbook, loaned to me by David Haines, Class of 1964, who lives in Richmond, Virginia, into an online album.

I scanned these group shots of all the 1961 senior boys and all the 1961 senior girls, but they are not identified.

If David or anyone else can identify them, email John Olesky at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com and I’ll add their names to the photos when I make the 1961 yearbook the 23rd yearbook converted from print to online versions.

I received two emails so far. Can YOU name any of the others?

Dear John,
Going from left to right:
Boys' top row:  #4 Bernie Martin, #5 Raymond Debalski, #11 Melvin 
Wright, #12 Tom Swede, #13 Sonny Bashaw (I think)
Don't recognize anyone in middle row.
Boys' bottom row:  #2 Ron Bower, #7 Ron Pearse, #9 Paul Deahl (I think)

Going from left to right:
Girls' top row:  #7 Penny (?), #9 Becky Shelosky
Girls' middle row:  #1 Sharon Haggerty, #3 Donna Davis, #7 Judy 
Jackson, #9 Linda Pasquale
Girls' bottom row:  #5 Patty Mascara, #9 Cindy Spatafore, #10 Barbara 
Everson
Hope this helps a little.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Bonita Lavencheck Waybright, Class of 1968


Hi John,

I know 2 of the girls   Front Row - 9th girl with plaid skirt over her knees = Cindy Spatafore       Back Row - 3rd from the right  = Becky Shelosky   

Happy Thanksgiving,
Janice Hoffman




No comments:

Post a Comment