Wednesday, November 12, 2014


Bob Fox, Class of 1948, passed away today (Wednesday, Nov. 12) in his Parkersburg home two days after the birthday of his son, also Bob Fox.

Son Bob Fox posted:
“To all my Facebook friends: My Dad, my Hero passed away today at 2:10 pm. He was the best Father a family could have. He is in peace now. I know he is in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. I love him with all my heart.”
Papa Bob's widow is Lillie Bright Fox, Class of 1949.
Papa Bob had been in University of Pittsburgh Medical Center since October. He was brought home a few days ago to be with family in his home at the end.
Son Bob lives in Vienna, West Virginia near Parkersburg.
Papa Bob was the fearsome fullback on Monongah High’s 1947 football team, the center on its basketball team and was in the Monongah High intramural badminton championship match.
If you have memories of the Fox family, email John Olesky at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com and I’ll add them to the Monongah High Alumni blog articles about Bob.
Leavitt Funeral Home in Parkersburg will handle Bob's services. As soon as papa Bob's obituary is published in the Parkersburg News and Sentinel, I’ll post it on this Monongah High Alumni blog.
To listen to “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” while sending up a prayer for Bob Fox, click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPXrdoWyGc0

No comments:

Post a Comment