Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Poetic justice for Eates couple

Joe Eates & wife Ann DeMary Eates, both Class of 1945, two of the nicest people I have met in my life, found someone at their niceness level.

The Facebook note:

“They would like to graciously THANK the wonderful person (who said his name was Butch) that randomly stopped at their home yesterday on Bridge Street to clear their driveway of rocks and debris from the water leak and rain. She wanted to pay him but he would not accept anything. What a great act of kindness whoever you are Butch.”

I think that’s karma and payback rolled into one.

I graduated from Monongah High in 1950 with Joe’s brother, Tony Eates, who lives in Fairmont with wife Lucy Cann Eates, and Ann’s brother, Anthony “Plumber” DeMary, Jr., deceased.

Ann and Joe are the godparents of my son, John Larry Olesky, who lives, as I do, in the Akron suburb of Tallmadge, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment