Thursday, March 17, 2016

Hillary: I want to help coal miners get other jobs

Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton, stung by her remark that “we’re putting a lot coal miners out of business,” explained it this way in a letter to Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia:

"I wanted to make the point that we have already seen a long-term decline in American coal jobs and a recent wave of bankruptcies as a result of a changing energy market -- and we need to do more to support the workers and families facing these challenges."

Clinton touted her plan released last year to put $30 billion toward protecting the health benefits of coal miners and their families because “we don’t want to forget those people.”

"I will focus my team and my Administration on bringing jobs to Appalachia, especially jobs producing the carbon capture technology we need for the future," she wrote.

Manchin endorsed Clinton early in her campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment