Friday, November 13, 2015


Monongah Christmas lights donations list 'straightened out'

Susan Sanders, who is spearheading the fundraising to pay for erecting Christmas lights in the town of Monongah, ran into a snag.

Town officials were reluctant to provide her with the names and amounts of donations sent to the Town of Monongah for erecting the Christmas lights. Susan wants to sent personal thank-you notes to everyone who donates.

This would be necessary to make sure all the donated money is accounted for in installing the lights.


Later, Susan wrote:

“Thank you my wonderful friend. Got things straighten out with Greg. He apologized for the misunderstanding. So all is good."
 
Susan also is having health problems which kept her from attending a family wedding in Raleigh, North Carolina and sent her in for several tests and a CatScan to determine her kidney infection problem.

Her Facebook post about the lights donations:

”Good morning my friends and family. Sorry to say I'm down with a kidney infection.

“But I'm still writing thank-yous to each and everyone of you. Now I have come across a little curve in the road. Anyone who makes a donation for the Christmas Lights and wants to remain anonymous please include a note in with your check.

“I have worked very hard to make this happen and it has run very smoothly. I'm a very honest person and respect the wishes of others. But I need to know the amount coming in so nothing falls back on me and my girls working on this.

“You can also send me a copy of your voided check if you prefer to my email or address. Please come to the next meeting to discuss or call me. 304 365 2074.

“Thank you for all your help each and everyone of you. God Bless.”

Send a copy of your check for the Monongah Christmas lights, or at least a note with the amount you gave (if you want that known), to:




713 Thomas Street


Monongah, WV 26554


Susan wants to be sure to thank everyone properly for lighting up the town. I sent in my $115 donation to pay for erecting one of the eight lights that White Hall donated to Monongah.

Join the cause. Make out a check to the Town of Monongah and mail it to:

Town of Monongah

Christmas lights

430 Bridge St

Monongah, West Virginia 26554-1004

In the Memo area of your check, write:

For Monongah Christmas lights

Then mail a copy of the check, or at least your address and the amount donated, to:



713 Thomas Street

Monongah, WV 26554

Susan can’t wait to send you a thank-you note.

No comments:

Post a Comment