Sunday, November 1, 2015




John Ruddy update on 11/5/15 after his knee replacement surgery:
“Just another shoutout to my friends and family who helped me thru my recent knee replacement surgery. Your thoughts and prayers made a difficult procedure not so tough. Also I would like to thank the hospital, McLaren Regional hospital, their staff and my surgical team. Doctor John Yap is an artist. Everyone at this hospital made me feel well cared for. The nurses and staff in the joint replacement wing, the physical therapist, the kitchen staff who feed me well even if what I wanted was not on the menu that day. I came home last night and rehab was at my home today. If my results are as positive as the first operation in July I will be blessed again. Thank God for all my blessings. Oh yea, still very painful but all will be good. Thanks again to all.”

2nd knee replacement for John Rudy Riggs

John Rudy Riggs
John Rudy Riggs, who attended Monongah High before the family moved to Detroit, will have his second knee replacement surgery at WVU’s Ruby Memorial Hospital on Monday, Nov. 2. He had the first knee replacement in July.

Writes John:

May the good Lord let the results match the first replacement surgery from July.”

Amen to that.

 

John Rudy is an Eastern Michigan University graduate and retired general manager/vice president of Orchard Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram at Washington, Michigan. His wife is Lisa Riggs.

 

Son Joe Riggs lives in Shelby Charter Township, Michigan and once lived 17 miles away in Roseville, Michigan. Daughter Janis Carriveau-Riggs lives in Lum, Michigan, which is 50 miles north of Roseville.

 

John Rudy’s brother, W. Scott Riggs, 45, of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, passed away in 1991. Like John Rudy, Scott attended Monongah High. Their father was Walter Scott Riggs, Jr. and their mother and stepfather were Helen Tropea Riggs Bieglecki and Edmund Bieglecki of Wolverine, Michigan.

 

Helen had siblings Christine Tropea Jacobin, Class of 1935; Vincent Tropea; Marguerite Tropea Matthews, Class of 1926, who married Simon Matthews, and was the mother of Simon Paul Matthews, Jr., Class of 1956; and Virginia Tropea Neri, Class of 1931, who married Peter Neri.

There were 719,000 knee replacements last year in America, including mine several years ago. Sure beats the pain of NOT having the knee fixed. That brought the total to 4.7 million since the surgery began.

No comments:

Post a Comment