Thursday, November 5, 2015


My goodness!

I thank and appreciate the ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX (so far) happy birthday wishes from my Monongah High and Akron Beacon Journal friends.

Plus one from Thailand from Nok, the No. 1 guide I've had in my travels to 53 countries and 43 states.

And two special phones calls:

From Michigan by Bob Kasper, Class of 1950, my best friend since we were in first grade at Sts. Peter and Paul School in Monongah.

From Florida by Paula, who has been at my side for 11 years, who sang a Marilyn Monroe-esque "Happy Birthday!" that made me fee like "Mr. President."

I didn't realize that many people still remembered me. Or would take the time to hurl felicitations to me.

I'm humbled and awed by it all.

Keep going to the Monongah High Alumni blog at jo4wvu.blogspot.com Bonding is what Lions do very well. We take pride in it.

John Olesky with Paula's sister-in-law
& John's golfing partner's wife. Great cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment