Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Their ‘Enchanted Evening’ . . . in 1979

Beth Pritchard Brooks and traveling man (for business) Rick Brooks celebrated their 36th wedding anniversary yesterday.

Beth’s love letter to Rick:

“Today is a special day...it is the Anniversary of the day we met 36 years ago on March 3, 1979. It was just an ordinary Saturday night listening to the band at The Meadowbrook with my sister Nene. Our eyes met and he asked me to dance and we have been together ever since.

"God sure knew what he was doing when he joined these two hearts."

“I love him more than I could ever put into words and to me he is the best husband I ever could have hoped for. Most couples may not celebrate the day they first met, but we always have and we always will. I love you MTA Rick Brooks

Billy’s Meadowbrook has a special place to many of us, including teenagers from Monongah High who had their first whiskey sour there. ID cards weren’t invented till later.

And Drummond’s restaurant. And Melody Manor. A trifecta in my life, too, Beth.

And my fellow members of the facietiously named Gang That Terrorized Marion County.


Kudos to both of you!

1 comment: