Monday, March 9, 2015

Arlene remembers Piteleski family

Arlene Marteney Decker Edgell, Class of 1951, has fond memories of Joe Piteleski, Class of 1954, who passed away Feb. 11 in California,  and his family.

Arlene Marteney Edgell

Arlene’s email:

John:

“I wanted to write a few words about Joe Piteleski and his family. 

“Joe was my next-door neighbor for many years.  There were two houses across the river from Hutchinson.  Both were former mine foremen houses.  

“My father, James Marteney,  bought one.  The second house was sold several times before being purchased by Joseph Piteleski, Sr. 

“Since I was the 9th and last child born to my parents, my older brothers were grown and gone.  Bill and Joe were my friends and
‘brothers.’ 

“Both are now deceased.  Both were respectable, handsome young men.

“I am two years older than Joe and 4 years older than Bill.  I always felt very close to them and am saddened to learn of their deaths. 

“I am fortunate to have recently met Danny, the youngest son, and have renewed our friendship. 

“I hope that all of the Piteleski friends have as many good memories of them as I have. 

“Arlene Marteney Decker Edgell, Class of 1951”

To read the tribute/obituary to Joe Piteleski, click on http://jo4wvu.blogspot.com/search?q=Joe+Piteleski+passes+away



No comments:

Post a Comment