Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Dewey Tarley obituary 

The obituary for Worthington firefighter Dewey Tarley,  brother of 1982 North Marion grad Phillis Tarley, assistant campus director of admissions at Ross Medical Education Center in Morgantown, who lives in Kingmont but grew up in Idamay with Dewey. 


If you have memories of the Tarley family, email John Olesky at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com  and I'll relay the information in another Monongah High Alumni blog posting.

Dewey's obituary:




Dewey Lewis Tarley
(May 20, 1972 - April 1, 2014)



Dewey Lewis Tarley, 41, of Fairmont passed away Tuesday April 1, 2014 at Ruby Memorial Hospital. He was born on May 20, 1972 in Fairmont, WV, son of Phillip Tarley of Fairmont and the late Betha Irene (Wilmoth) Tarley.

Dewey was a volunteer firefighter for Company 14 in Worthington. He enjoyed spending time with his family and friends, and was an avid hunter and fisherman.

In addition to his father, he is survived by two children, Spencer Tarley and Hannah Tarley both of Fairmont; his former wife and mother of his children, Monica Tennant of Fairmont; a brother, Phillip Tarley of Fairmont; a sister, Phillis Tarley of Fairmont; three nieces, Johnna McCale, Brittany McDonald, and Alexis Boyce; a great niece, Maysa Croston; and several Aunts, Uncles, and cousins.

The family will receive friends at Domico Funeral Home, 414 Gaston Ave. in Fairmont from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, 1 to 8 p.m. Friday and 11 to 1 p.m. Saturday. A Full Rites Fireman’s Service will be held at 1:00 p.m. Saturday April 5, in the funeral home with Evangelist Tim Shuttlesworth officiating. Interment will follow at the Shinnston Masonic Cemetery.  Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.domicofh.com .



Mike Ahouse captured the spirit of Dewey poignantly.

"I've been trying to think of something to say all day. I really don't know what to say. Dewey Tarley was one of my best friends and his death is just devastating. 

"We were a pair for a lot of years when he lived in the 'Gah. I was the Ed McMahon to his Johnny Carson. He always made me laugh, and I loved being around him because he made everybody laugh. 

"I will never forget our talks when my Mom was dying and after my Dad died. I needed that. 

"I pray for the family. Hannah, Spencer, Phil, Big Phil, Phillis, Johnna, Monica and anyone that I have forgot to mention. I pray for you all. 

"Rest in Peace my Buddy, until we meet again!!'

Well said, Mike. And amen!! RIP, Dewey. 

Mike's sisters are Susan Ahouse Schrader, Class of 1971, and Mary "Kitty" Ahouse Morrison, Class of 1968, the Travelin' Lady of Monongah High alumni. 

No comments:

Post a Comment