Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Cherry blossom time for Steve Mikulski

Steve Mikulski, wife Holly in Washington, D.C.
Steve Mikulski, Class of 1964, who grew up in Carolina, and wife Holly White Mikulski are enjoying the cherry blossoms in Washington, D.C.

Fairmont State grad Steve is a teacher of engineering design for Project Lead The Way, an engineering program for Montgomery County Public Schools in Maryland. Steve and Holly live in Germantown, Maryland.

Daughter Kristen Mikulski Mitchell, who lives in Istanbul, Turkey, and is married to Nick Mitchell, is a 2004 WVU grad.

Other Mikulskis at Monongah High include:
o    
Violet Higginbotham Mikulski, Class of 1944
Thomas Mikulski, Class of 1966
Caroline Prahl Mikulski, Class of 1966
Kathy Mikulski Rogers, Class of 1969

Later, Steve provided more details about himself. 

I am originally from Carolina, WV. I was born at my Grandmother's house on First Street and I remained in Carolina until I graduated from college. I lived in a house that was on 4th street with my family. I then moved to Maryland in the DC suburbs and have been here ever since. My brother, Dave Higinbotham, lived with my grandparents on First Street so I spent a lot of time there when I was growing up.


  • Harold Dean Kniceley responded:  Steve, I remember you and David. David was in my class at school. We lived on 5th st, last house up on the right. We always had big gardens and a big yard, with a small house. I remember your dad walking up 4th street always whistling. Good to hear from you.

  • Steve Mikulski Hi Harold, I remember your house well. You lived next to the Martin's or close to them. I use to play with Gary and Terry when I use a kid. 

  • Harold Dean Kniceley Steve, I have a lot of good memories from my days growing up in Carolina. Do you remember the Ashleys? We used to keep slops for their hogs and every year Bess would bring us fresh sausage after butchering time. We all shared stuff on 5th street, garden vegetables, tools, and work Those were good times..
If you have memories of the Mikulski family, email John Olesky at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com and I’ll add the information to this Monongah High Alumni blog article.





No comments:

Post a Comment