Thursday, April 17, 2014

Albert Adamovich/Adamson passes away

Albert Adamovich, Class of 1947, who changed his name to Albert Adamson as he began his career in banking, has passed away.

The email from Barbara Fleming Marsh, also Class of 1947, who lives in Thousand Oaks, California:

Dear John,

I learned yesterday via email from his son Scott that his dad Albert Adamson (aka Adamovich) passed away on April 6, 2014.  That is all the information I have at this time.  I tried to reach his son by phone, but got VoiceMail. Albert and I talked every week or so after I learned of his serious illness early this year.  It was cancer.

Albert lived in Rockville, Md.  He graduated from Monongah High School in 1947.  He had 2 sons, but I don’t know whether or not they will be putting an obituary in the Fairmont paper.  His wife had passed away several years ago.

Barbara Fleming Marsh, Class of 1947

Albert moved to Dearborn, Michigan a few years ago to help his brother, Andy, who was  dealing with health problems.

Albert retired as vice president of a Silver Springs, Maryland bank and was the bank’s courier for another five years before heading to Michigan to help his brother.

Albert once ran the Strand Theater projector, worked in Patsy Forte’s drug store at the center of downtown Monongah and for Faye Wilson at the Monongah bank – at the same time, running from one job to the other.

An older brother, Paul, was killed in World War II; John Adamovich worked at the A&P store in Monongah and dated Naomi Hatfield; the sisters were Olga (who passed away while still in high school), Marguerite and a Fairmont General nurse whose name I don’t know.

If you have memories of the Adamovich family, email me at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com and I’ll relay the information in this Monongah High Alumni blog article.

When I get Albert’s obituary, I’ll use it in this MHS Alumni blog.


RIP, Albert.

No comments:

Post a Comment