Saturday, January 14, 2017


Hip surgery worked, but Jane’s leg is weak

Update on hip replacement recovery for Jane Pritchard Moore, Class of 1975.

Jane Pritchard Moore
Jane wrote:
“My hip replacement surgery was 6 weeks ago. I did great at first with my walker. When I switched to a cane I've been having a lot more difficulty.
“Although the incision healed perfectly, the muscles are very weak. Walking is much harder now.
“Dr. Waxman, my surgeon has suggested physical therapy to help me move better and strengthen my leg muscles.  my evaluation and beginning exercises and stretches yesterday. The therapist was amazed at how well I was doing without any physical therapy, but agreed the leg is very weak.
“So wish me well with all this hard work ahead.
“Thanks.”
Nene is an LPN at Pediatrics Associates. Her sisters are Jonna Pritchard Barnett, who was in the first graduation class at North Marion in 1980 after going to Monongah High for three years, married to Shinnston High grad Brad Barnett for more than three decades; and Beth Pritchard Brooks, Class of 1978, who lives on Harter Hill in Worthington when she doesn’t join husband Rick Brooks in his conveyor system projects around the country.

Their parents are John Pritchard and Mary Jane McDaniel Pritchard, daughter of the famous Ted McDaniel, Monongah Streetcar Stationmaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment