Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Super Susan just getting started

Susan Staron Sanders, Class of 1971, is not stopping at the current seven Christmas lights on Monongah posts. She wants the town lit up even more for Christmas 2016.

The town of Whitehall donated seven lights it had to the town of Monongah when Whitehall got new Christmas street lights. Donations paid for erecting the lights, including mine, which was enough to put up one light.


Susan Starron Sanders
Susan, who lives on the 2nd house from Church Street on Thomas Street, which was occupied by the Mangino family during my childhood before they moved to Philadelphia . . .

Well, let Susan tell it:

 
“Happy New Year’s Everyone, Hope you all had a great one and Christmas as well. I just want to say I'm sure you all enjoyed the new Christmas lights as much as I have. They could leave them there all year wouldn't bother me a bit. (LOL).

“Just letting you know just because the Holiday is over does not mean I will stop working on getting more lights for next year, but we need more donations and fundraisers to make our town complete as I'm sure you all would want.

“Art is working on getting me more poles numbers so we will be ready. Again I thank all of you wonderful people and businesses for your help and donations.

“Me my girls will be planning another fundraiser and will let you all know when.

“God Bless You All!

  
“Susan.”
Susan is about the nicest human tornado in Monongah.
 
Her “girls” include Valerie Vandetta Aldridge, Class of 1973; Teena Field Ailstock, 1984 North Marion grad; and Mareca Savonarola.
 
Susan and husband Ron Sanders live next door to Mayor Greg Vandetta and his wife, Janice Manzo Vandetta.
Thomas Street is famous (in my mind) for being the childhood home of John Olesky, Class of 1950, once he left the Walnut Street home of his grandparents, where he was born. I got to freeze my butt off every Winter when I visited the two-holer outhouse at the end of our Thomas Street rental, where the alley and the garages were located.

Susan is an administrative assistant at Personnel.

 

Susan’s brother Bob Staron, Class of 1967 (deceased), fought in Vietnam.

 

Susan grew up with Becky Urish Anderson, who today lives in Clarksburg, and went to Monongah High with Becky. They are both Class of 1971.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment