Thursday, June 4, 2015


CATCHING UP WITH

Patricia Sawyer Skeen

Patricia Sawyer Skeen, Class of 1965, of New Martinsville is a Fairmont State and WVU graduate with an education degree who taught for 37 years in Tyler County.

She also attended Saints Peter and Paul School.  Her grandmother was Mary Domalik, who with Patty’s parents lived on the hill between Pete Shenasky and Claude Domico.

“Before I married,” Patty wrote after I asked for her post-Monongah life details, “I traveled extensively throughout western Europe for many years, spent one long, long, long day in Morocco, and traveled around the U.S.  My favorite trip, however, was my trip to Poland.

“I married a Southern boy (Tennessee) who had moved to New Martinsville in his youth.  We have no children and have lived in New Martinsville since we were married. 

“Since I have retired, I keep busy with a lot of work at my church and with the retired school employees group.  In addition, I am still always ready to travel and have taken trips to Virginia and Pennsylvania so far this year. 

“Every fall I spend a week in Cape Cod and another week just getting there and back.  I was probably born with a suitcase in my hand.”

I’ve been to Cape Cod, a Massachussetts peninsula, and it is a delightful vista.

Patty continues:

“I was one of the gals who stopped at your table at the Alumni Banquet this year to tell you how much I enjoyed the Monongah High Alumni Blog and the old photos and info about Monongah's past and the Saints Peter and Paul material.”


I appreciated those who made the special effort to come over to the Class of 1950 tables to tell me they appreciated the Monongah High Alumni blog at jo4wvu.blogspot.com as much I enjoy putting out daily articles and photos about MHS grads.

Linda Sawyer Duckworth, Class of 1966, who lives in Meredianville, Alabama, is Patty’s sister.

 
Linda once was a pharmacist for Giant Eagle in New Martinsville. Linda’s husband, Steven Duckworth, Class of 1966, was in the Wetzel County school system.

Linda married into a lot of Monongah High Duckworths on her husband’s side. There’s Donald Duckworth, Class of 1975, son of the late Betty Zane Duckworth of Idamay.

 
Judy Duckworth Campbell, Class of 1972, is Betty’s daughter and Donald’s sister.

Betty Duckworth Sutphin, Class of 1964.

Elton Duckworth, Class of 1966.

Meredith Duckworth, Class of 1964.

Roger Duckworth, Class of 1965.

Sharon Menear Duckworth, Class of 1965.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment