Tuesday, August 30, 2016


This is a tale of three beautiful Monongah people.
We all know about Susan Staron Sanders, Class of 1971, an administrative assistant at Personnel, and her all-consuming drive to light up Monongah’s streets as cheerfully as possible for Christmas, raising $2,300 in the process.
Well, Susan vacationed in Deep Creek Lake, Maryland, which is an incredibly scenic area. Naturally . . . well, let Susan explain it:
“Everyone knows how I love Christmas. While I was visiting many shops I went into the Christmas Chalet at Deep Creek. I was amazed at all the beautiful things. Caroline had to drag me out.”

Caroline Sparks is Susan’s cousin, a Pentagon retiree who lives in Falls Church, Virginia.
When Susan got home, another beautiful thing happened. Again, let Susan the Thomas Street Christmas angel tell it:
“The next great thing. When I got home I had the most beautiful letter and a check from Annie and Joe Eates. My heart was so overwhelmed with her letter that tears poured down my cheeks.

“I love these beautiful people. It's things like this that keep me following my dream to make our town shine. Thank you both so much.”
Ann DeMary Eates, Class of 1945 like Joe, is Monongah's super good-hearted Melanie of “Gone With the Wind." I’m biased because Ann and Joe are the godparents of my son, John Larry Olesky. My late wife Monnie and I couldn’t have made a better choice.
Ann has a sincere smile that could melt a Grinch’s heart and light up a room as brightly as Susan’s Christmas street lights.
Monongah is triple-blessed to have Ann, Joe and Susan living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment