Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Teddy Harbert wins $1 million Powerball . . . eventually

Ted Harbert, who found lost ticket in his Jeep
Worthington’s Teddy Harbert, Class of 1953, won the $1 million Powerball lottery on July 30.

But he had to forage around in his Jeep for several days before he could find the ticket.

Teddy explains:

"My daughter called me the morning after the drawing and I realized I had the ticket. However I lost it.

"I had put it in the console of my Jeep and it fell through and I couldn't find it. Several days went by and I told some of my friends that I had it and couldn't find it.

“So, finally I went through the Jeep and was ready to clean it out completely when I found it stuck down the side of the console. That was a relief."
Indeed, Teddy. A $1 million sigh of relief.
His father is Paul Harbert, Sr. His siblings are Paul, Jr., Gerald, Bill, Eva, Farrell and Phil.   Eva was in the class of 1951.

Ted Harbert, Jr. is a 1980 North Marion graduate.
Powerball winner Teddy has Harbert cousins all over West Virginia and America. He’ll probably hear from most of them soon.

After I inquired, Duane Harbert, Class of 1951, who lives in Marlton, New Jersey, responded:

I am happy for him.  I think the Ted Harbert that won the Powerball is the son of my cousin Ted.  My cousin Ted was married to Wanda Bragg and had three children, Ted Jr, Brad and a daughter Rae Ann.

“Ted was the son of my uncle Griff Harbert and Agnes Wood(s). I don't remember if there is an "s" at the end of her maiden name.  Griff and Agnes's children were Gerald, Bill, Eva, Ted, Paul, Farrell and Phil.  Griff was my dad's brother. 

“Duane”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment