Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Teacher-student reunion
 Paula Kerns Fazio, Class of 1979, was tapped into her Monongah High past today.

Writes Paula, married to Joe Fazio, Class of 1974, and a daughter of Dorothy Stevenski Kerns, Class of 1942:
Paula Kerns Fazio

“This morning I was standing in the customer service line at Wal-Mart when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and this lady said to me: ‘Paula Kerns, Monongah High School, 1979. I remember all of my Monongah students.’
“It was Mrs. Noshagya! She was so sweet. She looks exactly the same. She has retired after 43 years of teaching. We talked for a few minutes about our lives and families. She hugged me and left.
“I've had what I thought were good and not so good teachers. She and Mrs. Peters made quite an impression on me. They were special! They loved what they did and it showed through their teaching.”
Mary Catherine Taylor, from Monongah but living in Fairmont, chimed in:

“Cool! Agreed she was up there on my list of great teachers but a great human being!!!!!”

Jay Holman, Class of 1971, a sales and leasing consultant for an auto business in Durham, North Carolina, added:

“Kay was my homeroom teacher and a very nice person.”

Greg Patrick, Class of 1970, leader of Monongah's famous Jenna Won’t Sing band, added:

“I had Kay for class at Monongah High School (Jr./Sr. Years). Some years later, I had the pleasure of working with Kay at Miller Jr. High and WFMS (West Fairmont Middle School). She is a wonderful person who still takes care of me with her homemade soups and kind words and concern. Great lady!”


No comments:

Post a Comment