Saturday, April 1, 2017

Leader’s illness postpones Lowry concert

Marshall Lowry, the leader of the Marshall Lowry Band, is having health problems that forced postponement of the band’s concert tonight at the Purple Cow.

Wife Whitney Lowry explains:
“He's very sick. He wanted me to apologize to anyone who was planning to see the Marshall Lowry Band tonight at the Purple Cow.
“He's been fighting bronchitis for several weeks now. We took him to quick care yesterday and they put him on several different medicines and antibiotics, breathing treatment, inhalers etc.
“Last night it turned worse. He's weak and has lost his voice due to the coughing.
“He told me to tell any of you that were planning to go that he will be making the show up soon.
“Send him a little prayer. I hate seeing my hubby like this.”
I have several similarities to Marshall’s life path. He’s a North Marion High and Fairmont State graduate. I’m a Monongah High alumnus who attended Fairmont State for one year before transferring to WVU School of Journalism before my 43-year newspaper career.
Marshall is from Delbarton. When I was sports editor of the Williamson Daily News I was offered my first taste of home-made moonshine by a guy from Delbarton because I wrote a favorable sports article about his brother, who played for Burch High in Delbarton.
Take my word for it: The home-made moonshine is far more powerful than the White Lightning you buy at liquor stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment