Sunday, April 30, 2017



Bill Meredith, Class of 1957, is trying to find 1957 Monongah High graduates for their 60th anniversary get-together at the Monongah High Alumni Reunion May 27 at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Mary Lou Retton Drive in Fairmont.

There are 10 1957 graduates that Bill was unable to locate. If you have information that will help Bill track down his 1957 classmates, email him at billmere@aol.com or by cell phone at (614) 582-0335

The Monongah High Alumni Reunion will begin at 6 p.m. with dinner and continue with the dance. You can print up the reservation form in this MHS blog and mail it in with your check to Donna Davis. Already, there are 78 reservations so this may be a good turnout in 2017.

The message from Bill, who lives with Clarksburg Washington Irving graduate Roleta Smith Meredith at their Sarasota, Florida and Buckeye Lake, Ohio homes:

Class of 1957 60th Reunion

John,

Below is a note I sent to my classmates for whom I have an email address.  Please include in your blog, in case any of your readers can give us help in finding our "lost" friends.  We expect at least 19 classmates to attend. Thanks for your help and I'll see you in Fairmont.

Bill 

Hello Again,

Following is an an update on our 60th class reunion scheduled for May 27, 2017.

I began my search for our classmates with 78 names.  Unfortunately, at least 25 of those have passed away.  Of the remaining 53, I was able to find what I think are current addresses for 43 of them.  One is unable to attend due to bad health, one returned the form and stated that he would not attend and 22 have not responded to the invitation.  

In addition, I could not locate the following 10 people.

Opal Armstrong

Betty Ayers

Betty Blair Lucas

Ganal Carpenter

Evelyn Machamer

Carrie Marks

Patty Miller

Maxine Patterson Harris

Sally Sturm Martin

James Wright

If anyone has information on how I can find an address for any of them or could contact them by phone or email, please let me know.  We are leaving Florida for the summer, heading to Ohio on May 1.  You can contact me via email at billmere@aol.com or by cell phone at (614) 582-0335 with any information you find.  

There has been some discussion about having breakfast at a restaurant in Fairmont on the morning of May 28.  Please let me know if this is something you would be interested in attending.  

Stay well and we'll see you on May 27.

Bill Meredith   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment