Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Retirement day for Susan Sanders

Susan Staron Sanders, Class of 1971, will retire Friday, December 30 as an administrative assistant at Personnel.
Susan & Ron Sanders
Susan wrote:
“Well as some of you know, this will be my last week at Personnel, after 13 years as an Administrative Assistant, a job I loved. My last day will be Friday December 30th.


“I will now have more time with my wonderful husband to travel and go places and do things we never got to do.


“I also want to explore some new opportunities, I will have more time for Fundraising on the Christmas Lights that I Love so much.

“I will miss a lot of people here but feel so rewarded in finding so many people good jobs; that’s the best part.
“The next big thing will be Tommy’s graduation from WVU. We are so proud of that young man. More on that later.
“Love you all, my family and friends.”

Susan, the angel of Thomas Street, is even better known for spearheading the drive for the 15 Christmas street lights that adorn Monongah.

The Charge of the Lights Brigade will join in celebrating Susan’s retirement.

Mareca Savonarola, among those who helped Susan raise money for the Monongah Christmas street lights, wrote:

“Attention Angels and Elf. Our head Angel Retires Dec. 30th. Time to Party at 3 Ways Inn. All are welcomed.”

3 Ways Inn is my favorite place to party in Fairmont, too, when we have my Class of 1950 reunions.

Susan lives in Monongah with husband Ron Sanders. They are next door to Mayor Greg Vandetta and his wife, Janice Manzo Vandetta.

Susan and Ron’s son, Tommy Sanders, is a WVU computer engineering major.

Ron is a Vietnam veteran. Susan’s brother, Bob Staron, Class of 1967 (deceased), fought in Vietnam.

No comments:

Post a Comment