Friday, December 23, 2016

Monongah mayor exceedingly thankful
 
Here’s an awesome portion of Christmas cheer from Monongah Mayor Greg Vandetta, although it sounds more like Thanksgiving than Santa time:

Good morning all,
   

I would publicly like to thank the town the town employees who show up when they're supposed to, do what they're supposed to and preform any other task that I ask of them. Their loyalty is greatly appreciated. They work at a thankless job.
 
I would like to say goodbye to Chief RIck. He has worked hard at becoming a member of our community. He worked closely with the principles at both schools in order to keep our children safe. He will be missed by all.
 
I would like to welcome Chief Queen to our town. I'm sure that most people will find him to be a good fit in our community.

I would once again like to thank the Christmas light committee for all they have done for our town, Chris Martin for the pine sprays that decorate our streets, the Welty's and Monongah 4-H for decorating the pine tree in the town square and Patty McCombs for decorating inside the town hall.

A huge thank you to the Sloan family for continuing the toy giveaway. It is amazing to see how many toys they are able to collect and give away. There will be many smiles on children's faces Christmas morning thanks to you.

I would also like to thank the Monongah Fire Department for all the volunteer hours they put in to make our community safe and for once again providing Santa with a ride Christmas Eve to visit our children and grandchildren.

I would like to thank Cat Wildman and members for keeping the neighborhood watch program going.

I would like to thank the Monongahfest Committee for all their hard work and dedication to pulling off a very successful festival once again.

According to Mr. Franklin, Family Dollar has a goal of being open around the first of April. I'll keep you updated.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

Greg
 


 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment