Saturday, December 17, 2016

Country’s Blake Shelton on Fairmonters' helpfulness

I’m not surprised. People in Monongah and Marion County have been helping strangers since I was growing up there, and probably a lot of decades before that.

Anyway, here’s the story:

FAIRMONT, West Virginia – During a radio interview this morning, country music star Blake Shelton took a moment to praise Fairmont, West Virginia residents who had helped him with a mechanical issue with his rental car as he passed through the city recently:

“We were just leaving the city limits of Fairmont, West Virginia when I noticed that we had a flat tire so I pulled over to the side of the road and we were about to call the car company but then just a minute or two later there were two, maybe three cars that pulled over behind us and offered to put the spare on. So I let them. I mean, I was just so impressed that people could be that friendly to pull over so quickly and offer to help a complete stranger. You have to understand that this is something that would’ve never happened in L.A.!” Shelton said with a laugh.

He added later, “And they had no idea who I was before they pulled over. So yeah, that’s my story about Fairmont. It’s nice to know that there are still places like this in America.”

No comments:

Post a Comment