Thursday, September 1, 2016

Circle K on U.S. 19 in Monongah; Methodist Church on left

Armed robbery at Circle K

The Circle K in Monongah, bordered by U.S. 19 and Jackson Street in the building that once housed Joe Hanus’ garage, was robbed at 1:30 a.m. Thursday, Marion County deputies report.

The address is 666 Pike Street. I didn’t know that Camden Avenue ended where Pike Street intersects with U.S. 19, but apparently it does.

The photo is a Google Earth version I got from the Internet. I see the Methodist Church across Jackson Street from the Circle K. I don’t what happened to the building that had Joe Hanus’ garage, PNA Tavern and John Hanus Grocery. But the Circle K building looks much smaller than I remember it, so maybe they tore down the building of my youth and replaced it with the Circle K and some houses between the Circle K and what used to be the Monzo Grocery, which was across the street from the P.P. Shenasky Grocery.
Deputies said a black male got away with an undisclosed amount of money. He did not show a weapon but deputies said he indicated he had one.

No comments:

Post a Comment