Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Kerri Basnett released from hospital

Kerri Basnett was released from Uniontown, Pennsylvania hospital and will do followups at the Fairmont hospital for heart blockages.

Kerri Basnett
Kerri, daughter of Nancy Riley Basnett and Tom Basnett, both Class of 1960, was in WVU’s Ruby Memorial Hospital in 2015 after a heart attack.

Kerri’s boyfriend, who was at her side in Uniontown, is Eric Lincoln.

Here are two reports from Kerri:

First of all, TY all my friends for the prayers and concerns! Will thank you individually when I get home. Much appreciated https://www.facebook.com/images/emoji.php/v8/fc1/1.5/16/1f495.png💕. Started on new seizure med (Keppra) and nuclear stress test showed old MI but did not have new one.

“Will follow up at Fairmont for heart blockages.

“Also, want to say how kind, professional and supportive the staff was at Uniontown Hospital in PA. Thank you, my friends.

When I inquired further, Kerri wrote:

Hi John, this is Kerri. I'm not an alumnus of Monongah High but my father was and I live on Swisher Hill in my grandparents’ house.


“I live by my cousins, Tony and Mary Orsini."
 
Olesky note: Tony, Class of 1946, is one of the six famous Orsini brothers from Worthington who populated Monongah High sports teams. He is married to Mary Baker Orsini, who began at Monongah High with the Class of 1948.

Kerri continued:

“As for my hospitalization, I had a complex partial seizure with cardiac complications. I had triple bypass and a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted 6 years ago.

“I had my seizure episode in PA while visiting family and I was admitted to Uniontown Hospital. I was released today. Will be following up for heart blockages at Fairmont General this week.


“TY for reaching out and your prayers. Extremely appreciative!”

Lions are always happy with better news about MHS Alumni kin.

Kerri, an RN private duty nurse, is from Shinnston but lives in Fairmont. Nancy, who worked at Westinghouse, lives in Shinnston.

There were a lot of Basnetts roaming the halls of Monongah High from 1932 through 1975.

Taking them in chronological order:

Roy Basnett, Class of 1932.

Doris Menear Basnett, Class of 1938.

Raymond Basnett, Class of 1947.

Dennis Basnett, Class of 1962.

Carlton B. Basnett, Class of 1965.

Jack Basnett, Class of 1969.

Debbie Rutherford Basnett, Class of 1975.

Michael Basnett, Class of 1975.

And then there’s Barbara Basnett Cain, who started with the Class of 1956 before she left Monongah High and Worthington during her sophomore year and moved from Ohio back to Monongah in 1970.

Her father was Paul Basnett, who drove both a school bus and a mine bus.

Barbara hung out with Barbara Jean Brooks, Class of 1955; Lillian Alice Baker, Class of 1956; and Sue Martino.

No comments:

Post a Comment