Saturday, August 29, 2015

Pacemaker for Dolores Edwards

Dolores Edwards, Class of 1955, Monongah High Alumni Association vice president, has a new Pacemaker, as I do.

Dolores Edwards
Reports Dolores:

Want to thank everyone for all the prayers during my hospital stay at both Fairmont General and Mon General. Pacemaker and stent working well. God is good.”

Dolores has plenty of company. Worldwide, three million people have the heart-regulating devices, starting in 1958. 500,000 Americans have implanted Pacemakers.

There’s a slight bulge in your chest where the Pacemaker is implanted. Mine makes sure my heart rate doesn’t drop below 60 beats per minute. Before the Pacemaker, my heart race in Australia and Montreal dropped into the 40s, which mean I dropped – woozily to the nearest chair or couch before I hit the floor. No more.

Dolores lives in Four States and is in the same graduation class as my sister, Jackie Olesky Straight, who is a widow living in Rivesville.

Dolores’ father, Bob Edwards, 92, of Monongah passed away March 19.

You can send Dolores your best wishes via her Facebook page.

Or phone her at (304) 287-2988.        

Or drop her a card at:

Dolores Edwards

P.O. Box 31

Four States, WV  26572

 

No comments:

Post a Comment