Saturday, July 18, 2015

 

Frank Franze recovery going well

There’s good news and bad news about Frank Franze, Class of 1950, who lives in Slidell, Louisiana.

He’s doing well after his prostate treatment but he may never see Everson and West Virginia again.

“I'm getting over my prostate operation and doing great. I may not do a knee replacement.  I bought a bicycle and my knees are doing better. 

“About going back to West Virginia, I don't fly any more. Chickens going to slaughter are treated better than airline passengers.  I only drive locally.  Unless I have someone to assist me in driving I won't make a trip.”

After losing two wives, Frank moved from Jasper, Texas to Slidell to be near his children.

Frank and his first wife, a Louisiana girl, had three daughters before she died in 1981 – Barbara Franze Bell, married to Steve Bell, and their children are Amanda, Stevie and Erin; and Amanda Fraze Calhoun, married to Pate Calhoun, and their children are Marley and Cooper; and Carol Franze Prezbindowski, married to Brent Prezbindowski, and their children are Jacob and Rebecca. Carol and Brent both lost their homes in Hurricane Katrina, then married each other.

Then Frank married Linda, a New Orleans girl, who had a son, Mannon. 

Frank joined the Air Force in 1957. His military career took him to bases all over the United States, to Vietnam and to Korea until his 1971 retirement. Frank spent 15 years inspecting space shuttles for Lockheed Martin in Louisiana.

Frank’s fame during his Monongah High days, besides his nickname of “Bruno,” was using his dad’s vehicles to pick up the faceitiously named Gang That Terrorized Marion County for our regular dashes into off-kilter behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment