Tuesday, July 14, 2015

42,254 hits in 16 months! Thank you!
 
So far there have been 42,254 page views on this Monongah High Alumni blog, which began in March 2014. That's more than 2,600 a month!

Since Monongah High usually had 50 to 70 in each graduating class, and there’s been no graduations since 1979, that’s astounding.


That doesn’t mean 42,254 people checked out the page. Many check it regularly because I add articles and photos daily when I’m not traveling. But that’s still a high percentage of former Lions who have found this blog.


213 already checked out the blog by 6:30 p.m. today. The computer keeps track and helps me determine what draws former Lions to this blog. Basically, we like to know how our former classmates are doing, what they are doing and how they are dealing with their health as they age.


My goal was to be a conduit for former Lions to keep track of each other. Thanks to you and others like you, it’s working.


Let’s keep this train on the Monongah High tracks!!!

I've repeatedly been offered money to put advertising on the blog, but I refuse. That would taint my purpose. It's not for me; it's for all former Lions.



n John Olesky, Class of 1950

No comments:

Post a Comment