Friday, July 17, 2015



Janice Ann Hoffman
CATCHING UP WITH . . .

Janice Ann Hoffman

        Class of 1967

Janice Ann Hoffman, Class of 1967, retired after being a teacher for 33 years and a track coach for more than 20 years at Glenvar High School in Salem, Virginia. It is one of five public high schools in Roanoke County.

She also studied at Virginia Tech.

Answering my request for her life since Monongah High, Janice wrote:

After I graduated from FSC I got a job with Roanoke County Schools and moved to Salem, Virginia. I taught at a small high school, Glenvar, for 33 years.

“I coached several sports at the beginning of my career and was there when Title IX changed everything for female athletes. I coached track for over 20 years.

“I also volunteered with the Catholic Diocese of Richmond in youth ministry for over 25 years. During my years both in teaching and ministry I had a great time with the teens and adults.

“Being retired allows me to enjoy traveling, mainly going to National Parks, historic locations and unique places/sites. At home I enjoy being outside sitting, walking, or bike riding. Indoors or out regardless of where I am I enjoy reading.”

No comments:

Post a Comment