Thursday, January 8, 2015

Saban article stirs Mill Dam memories for Duane Harbert



Hi John,

I enjoyed reading the article you recently posted on your Monongah blog site about Nick Saban Sr. and others.  Reading the story and looking at the pictures gave me a bad case of nostalgia.  Especially the picture of the mill dam across the West Fork river in Worthington. The author called it Craft Creek but he can be forgiven for that mistake because he did not know the area and he did a wonderful job on the article.  I spent many hours of my youth in that location, swimming , playing baseball, basketball and sometimes just hanging out.  I am very lucky to have grown up in that area and at that time.

I forget the exact wording in the article but I agree that just about every West Virginian I know that lives out of state still considers West Virginia as their home. Mary and I decided a long time ago that we want to be buried in West Virginia and we have instructions in our wills to bury us in our cemetery lot in the Parsons city Cemetery.

Have a good time in Florida.  We have been freezing our XXXX's off the last couple of days.

Duane

To read how the article about Brother send Harold Dean Kniceley down memory lane, click on http://jo4wvu.blogspot.com/search?q=Kniceley+has+memories+of+Carolina+ballfield%2C+too

To read the article about Nick Saban that started this journey into nostalgia, click on http://jo4wvu.blogspot.com/search?q=bitter+southerner+nick+saban

No comments:

Post a Comment