Friday, January 2, 2015

Hertzog Drug Store revisited

April 11, 2014 I had an article about Hertzog Drug Store in Worthington, mostly quoting Marylee Herzog Gwinn, whose father ran the store.

I just got this email:

Mr. Olesky,

I stumbled on your blog post about Hertzog Drug Store while I was doing research for a blog post about a scrapbook full of Worthington Pharmacy material that was recently donated to my workplace.  I assume that the store was called Worthington Pharmacy in the 1930s and changed its name in later years.  If you think it’s the same drug store, feel free to mention my blog post (https://lib.wvu.edu/about/news/2014/12/30/from-modern-recycling-bins-to-old-medicine-chests/) on your blog.  There is a little bit more information about Mr. Hertzog and the history of the drug store in the book that I mentioned in the blog post, if you are interested. 

Thank you for recording all those wonderful memories!

Jane L.

Jane Metters LaBarbara
Assistant Curator
West Virginia University Libraries
Reference desk: 304-293-3537
Office phone: 304-293-0352

to read Jane’s work.

If you missed the original story in the Monongah High Alumni blog, in the white rectangular space between the “B” and the magnifying glass in the top left of this blog page, type in

Marylee’s memories of Hertzog Drug Store

Then click on the magnifying glass and the Marylee and Hertzog Drug story will pop up.

If you didn't comment about Hertzog Drug Store in April, email John Olesky at jo4wvu@neo.rr.com and I'll add your comments to this MHS blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment