Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Kaylyn ready for Maine to Seattle bike ride to benefit for MS and Jamie
Niece to bike across country in Jamie’s memory

Kaylyn Messenger, niece of the last Jamie Feltz Riley, who passed away from MS difficulties, will be riding her bike from Maine to Seattle to honor Jaimie and raise money to fight MS.

Kaylyn wrote:

As many of you know, my aunt (Jamie Feltz Riley) was diagnosed with MS and passed away in August of 2014. In her memory, I applied for a bike ride (Bike the US for MS) which begins in Bar Harbor, Maine and ends in Seattle, Washington.

“I am proud to announce that I have been accepted and will be participating in the 69- day ride this summer! I am beyond humbled to be able to do such an amazing thing for a person and cause so close to my heart.

“I have to raise $1 for each mile I ride, so if you are interested in donating or want to check out my official fundraising page, please click the link below. Every dollar counts! Let's beat this disease!


Jamie was the daughter of Monongah’s legendary, late coach Jim Feltz, who guided the Lions to state football titles in 1952 and 1955, and Betty Lynn Wilson Feltz, who lives in Fairmont with her son, retired & long-time Monongah High math teacher.

Kaylyn is a junior at Bowling Green State University majoring in psychology. She wants to become a clinical psychologist specializing with children. She lives in Marietta, Ohio.

This isn’t her first charity bike ride.

Last year she biked 180 miles from Bowling Green to Cincinnati and back to benefit  Children's Miracle Network.

“It was an amazing experience,” Kaylyn wrote. “I knew it wouldn't be the last time that I rode my bike for someone else.”

Right. But this one is a whopper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment