Wednesday, October 27, 2021

LINDA DORENE PYLES WRIGHT, CLASS OF 1974, BATTLING LEG INFECTION FOR MONTHS

 






Linda Dorene Pyles Wright,  Class of 1974, is in a battle to save her leg.

She would like your prayers.

Dorene had a knee replacement. That led to infections. And surgery. More than once.

Dorene is from Worthington but lives in Monongah these days. Her mother, Beverly Ann Pyles of Monongah, passed away in 2014. Dorene’s father was the late Lawrence H. Pyles.

 

The 1995 Fairmont State graduate has spent most of October at United Hospital Center in Bridgeport.

She told me:

I have been going through some rough times physically. It would be nice to have some prayers.”

That is an understatement!

After her knee replacement Dorene “had been falling out and passing out and ended up in the hospital for tests.”

After a 5-day hospital stay she returned home, woke up two days later and “my knee had busted open.”

Dorene wanted  to wait a day before going to the hospital again but her doctor, Dr. Waxman, said: “Girl, I’m trying to save your life. Surgery tonight!”

Robert Morris, Class of 1964, had a similar experience.

 

Robert posted:

 

“Dorene, I sympathize with you. In 2017, I  battled a bacterial infection in my right foot that lasted over 40 days.

 

“I know what you are going through & I will keep you in m y prayers.”

 

I agree, Robert.

So, any Lions can do to help Dorene, do it! Prayers. Best wishes on Dorene Wright Facebook page. Cheer  her on!

Lord knows, she’s been  through enough.

Robert Morris, who has been married to Paulette for 50 yearsw as of June 12 this year,  is a son of Earl and Josephine Hunt Morris who other children are Gene Douglas Morris, Class of 1948, and Paul Maxie Morris, both deceased, and Jeffrey Wayne Morris of Rivesville, Ruth Morris Keener, Kathleen Morris Rumer and Leatrice Morris.

Yes. Paulette & me just celebrated our 50th anniversary on June 12th, 2021.

Dorene relayed memories she has of Olive Johnson Hinerman of Monongah, who passed away in 2017.

“There were 4 girls. Olive was the oldest, Eleanor (Mary) Cool, Bea Long and Catherine Field (my mom). One sister died at birth, Cathleen. So I guess 5 girls.

"4 boys, Dale, Enoch, Dave and Gay. They all lived in Preston County. That's where they were raised.

"The girls all lived in Marion County but only my mom and Aunt Olive lived in Monongah.”

The children grew up in Tunnelton.


“My mom and Olive were very close friends. Grew up tormenting Christine Barrick,”  Olive’s daughter and Class of 1971.


No comments:

Post a Comment