Monday, October 4, 2021

4 MORE CHRISTMAS STREET LIGHTS FOR MONONGAH .... THAT'S 36 IN ALL!

4 more Christmas lights . . . 36 total!

When the Power Company hangs up brackets for the four new Christmas street lights Monongah will be lit up with 36 lights for the holiday.

Let Monongah Town Councilman Susan Staron Sanders, the angel of Thomas Street, tell it:

Wonderful news the Power Company will be here next Tuesday the 12th to hang new brackets for the four new Christmas lights going up this year will start on Camden at 8:00 AM meet at post office. I'm so happy Camden will be almost full which is what I wanted badly.

My lights committee and I has ordered one special light, a Solder to represent and thank all of our Veterans in our town for their service. We are hoping to put it right in the curve where Roseann Orwig’s home is.

Lastly Jim McDaniel and his Son have purchased a light for the old Curry Hotel which was their Grandfather’s It will hang by the Miners Statue and Bell where the hotel used to be. We thank them so much for doing that.

We would appreciate moving as many cars as possible to give the power company room to work.

I'm so very proud that this has turned out so well.

A girl with a dream started out with 7 thanks to Town of Whitehall (which donated them to Monongah when White Hall got newer lights) and now with the new lights if I'm correct this will make us 36 lights. WOW.

Thank you all so very much. Love this town.

Certainly more fun than having a rock smack into your windshield, which is what happened to Susan when she was driving her car behind  it.

Let Susan explain that one, too:

 

Well this did not make my morning. Coming home from Davis an open truck had rocks in the back. When he passed us one flew and hit windshield. We could see a scratch but that was it. I had Josh look at it and look what we found. Thank God I have coverage and they will put in a new windshield.

 

I'm about half sick.

Only half sick? I’d be double that sick.


No comments:

Post a Comment