Tuesday, January 8, 2019





Fiesty and fun-loving Jeanette Barr Baczuk, Class of 1940, celebrated her 96th birthday on Sunday, January 6.

Jeanette quipped in her email to me:

I’ll bet you didn’t think I was still around.”

To the contrary, Jeanette. Although Ashland, Ohio, where you live, is 55 miles from Tallmadge, Ohio, where I live, I could hear your birthday celebration. Kudos to one of my favorite Lions.

Jeanette added:

Saturday my kids and grandkids took me to my favorite restaurant Skyway East for dinner.  Had loads of company all weekend.”
 
Jeanette’s children (and spouses):  Jim (Rachelle), who lives in Thomas near Blackwater Falls where the annual Baczuk family reunions take place; Lynne (Randy) Beecham, who lives in Bellville, Ohio; Maribeth Moore, who married Skyway chef Bill Moore and, like Jeanette, lives in Ashland; and Jan (Rodney) Penrose, who lives in Mansfield, Ohio.  Grandchildren are Brian Moore, in Atlanta; Stephen (Kirstin) Moore, in Columbus; Adam and Rachel Penrose, in Mansfield, and Jessica Baczuk, in Davis.

Jeanette quips:

“Unbelievably, I have no great-grandchildren.”
 
I'm only 86 but I think Jeanette can run rings around me.
Jeanette’s father was the legendary Dr. James Monroe Barr, who delivered nearly the entire population of Worthington. They are known as the Barr Babies.

Jeannette’s siblings:

Suzanne Barr Loss, Class of 1948, who married Arnold “J.B.” Loss, Class of 1947.

Harrelson Barr, Class of 1939, whose daughter, Marcie Barr Marsh, is Class of 1966.

After Monongah High, Jeanette graduated from Bowling Green University and married Frank Baczuk.

Jeanette is a regular at the Baczuk family reunion in Blackwater Falls every year.

Jeannette is on the board of the Ashland Senior Center and a volunteer in the thrift shop. The Golden Agers take a monthly trip.

Jeannette and I are a pair of old codgers who refuse to curl up in a rocking chair and wait for the Grim Reaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment