Sunday, September 6, 2015



As often happens, a trip to Mountaineer Field turns into a Monongah High Alumni reunion.

At Saturday’s WVU-Georgia Southern game, in the box seats of Section 105 where we just moved to, I saw Barbara Sweede, Class of 1956, who lives in Monongah, waving to me through the window that separates the box from the concourse.

We had a brief chat, I snapped a quick photo which is not up to my usual standards.

As usual, I attended the game with my sister, Jackie Olesky Straight, Class of 1955, and her daughter, Renee, who is a pharmacist at WVU’s Ruby Memorial Hospital.

And, afterward, enjoyed the afterglow of WVU’s 44-0 throttling of the Georgia Southern Eagles in my motel room in Waynesburg – the Comfort Suites.

Barbara’s sister, Dolores Sweede Matkovich, Class of 1953, lives in Palm Harbor, Florida with husband John Matkovich, Class of 1948.

Barbara recovered from her 2014 health problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment