Thursday, May 28, 2015



Ahouse = funhouse

I appreciate the number of people who took the trouble to come to my table at the 2015 Monongah High Alumni Reunion and thank me for my efforts in keeping articles and photos coming on this MHS Alumni blog.

One of the highlights was meeting the travelin’ Ahouse sisters in person for the first time.

That would be Mary “Kitty” Ahouse Morrison and Sue Ahouse Schrader.

Sue, Class of 1971, runs half-marathons in Chicago and scampers around the art Mecca of Sedona, Arizona, when she’s not in her Stoney Lonesome or Piscataway, New Jersey homes.

 

Kitty, Class of 1968, Monongah’s Travelin’ Lady, is at home in New York City or Key West or Lyndon Avenue in Monongah, where she lives.

 

Their brother is Mike Ahouse, a North Marion grad and a mailman living in Monongah.

The amazing Ahouse sisters’ zest for life is inspirational. I’m happy I got to hug both of them before my final dirtnap.

No comments:

Post a Comment