Monday, May 2, 2022

BRENDA WHITE VANGILDER RETIRES

 




Brenda White VanGilder retires

Brenda White VanGilder, Class of 1979 (Monongah High’s last graduation class), retired after decades of being a custodian for the Marion County School Board.

She is married to John VanGilder, whose siblings are Virginia Jane Mundell and Fred VanGilder. They live in Worthington.

Brenda’s sister, Katherine Kerns, passed away in 2009. Their father was a coal miner.

Her final day was June 6, 2022, when she posted:

Today was the last day at MCACEC. I had all kind of emotions running rampant! Excitement and nervous to begin retirement! Sadness because for 20 years this has been my second home where I have been blessed to make so many friends! Oh we shared laughter, tears, we counseled each other. We lifted each other up when one of us was feeling down we celebrated births and mourned the loss of loved ones! When something happened to one of us we all felt it! I thank God for all the friends he sent my way! Love my work family!

No comments:

Post a Comment