Wednesday, May 5, 2021

JUNE 26 REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR JULY 17 J&J&LIONS GET-TOGETHER OF OLESKY FAMILY & FRIENDS & MONONGAH HIGH ALUMNI

 



Mark July 17 on your calendar if you want to meet old friends and family!

I have set Saturday, July 17 at the date for my planned J&J&Lions get-together in the Monongah Town Hall.

Dinner at 6 p.m., music and dancing 7 to 9 p.m. 

If you would like to attend and you have had both your COVID vaccine shots, copy this Registration form & print it on a standard 8 x 10 sheet, specify your choices of dinners and send your check for $20 per person to:

John Olesky

217 N Thomas Road

Tallmadge, OH 44278

The check MUST be in my hands by June 26 to get you on the Reservations list which will be used to determine who is allowed to enter. 

NO ONE will be allowed to enter unless:

1. They have paid for and filled out their Registration form and it is in the hands of John Olesky by July 26.

2. When they come to Town Hall on July 17 they MUST show their Covid vaccine card to the Monongah police officer at the door. He will check the name against the Registration list. Then you will sign your autograph next to your name on the Registration form.

3. Once you are inside Town Hall, if you exit through the front entrance you will NOT be permitted to re-enter again. Restroom facilities are available through the rear doors.

4. The goal is to make sure that everyone is safe from COVID, you and your friends and neighbors. And that everyone has fun in a safe way.

5. If these requirements are not acceptable to you, don’t pay for or fill out  a Registration form. Your choice.

There will be members of my family, my sister Jackie’s family (the J&J part of the get-together's name) and children of Frances Fazio and Renzy Fazio’s family there.

To qualify, you must:

1.Have had your COVID vaccine shots when you mail your reservation and check to me that MUST be in my hands by June 26.

2.The Registration form must testify that you and everyone on the reservation have had the COVID vaccine shots. EVERYONE on the reservation will be REQUIRED to show their vaccine card before entry on July 17.

3.Include full names of everyone in the reservation, including maiden names, and year of graduation IF you attended Monongah High, and the phone number of at least one person named in the reservation. And, of course, the mail address of the person who would be reimbursed in the unlikely event that the get-together is canceled.

5If there is a COVID flareup in Ohio or West Virginia and I have to cancel I will return your money to the address and name listed in the reservation and on the check.

I will be pre-paying the costs of the Monongah Town Hall, since  Jenna Won’t Sing band and Greg Patrick aren't reuniting in time I will check a DJ who handled Jackie's daughter's wedding. I doubt that it will cover the $20 per person charge but I’m willing to absorb a loss just to have family & Lions together again. If the $20 per person results in more money than my pre-payment and any other costs to me, I will write out a check to the Monongah High Alumni Association for the scholarship fund for the excess over my costs.

If you have any questions before you send in your checks call me at (330) 388-4466. I’ll be happy to explain everything, hopefully to your satisfaction.

A reminder to avoid ANY confusion:

This is NOT – I repeat, NOT -- the annual Monongah High Alumni banquet but a John Olesky attempt to get family and classmates together during the summer as a break from the COVID restrictions. 

The annual Monongah High Alumni Banquet will be on Labor Day weekend at the Knights of Columbus in Fairmont. If you have any questions call Donna Davis at 304-534-5636. Her address is:

Donna Davis

858 Park Avenue

Monongah, WV

26554-1143

 

No comments:

Post a Comment