Friday, July 21, 2017


 
Rachel Vivian Stalnaker Sloan, Class of 1962, is in Fairmont hospital after falling at home.

Rachel wrote:

“Well, I'm back at Fairmont hospital. I fell yesterday at house and have a knot on my leg and head but I thank God nothing was broken.

“I have a pretty big knot on my hip.

 “I had chest pains so severe that I doubled over. Karen, my granddaughter, called an ambulance.

“So here I am. My doctor was in and said my heart enzymes were good; going to check other stuff.

“It doesn't pay to get old.”

Rachel returned home Saturday, July 22 and reported that she had no broken bones.
Vivian Sloan Rowe is Rachel’s daughter. Vivian is a License Practical Nurse in the Fairmont hospital and a former LPN at Genesis.

Rachel worked at Consol and has 11 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren!

She’s from Four States but lives in Fairmont.

Marguerite “Muggy” Matthews Stalnaker, Class of 1966, is a sister of Rose Matthews Illich, Class of 1960, whose husband, Nico “Nick” Ilich, made SIX holes-in-one at the Green Hills Country Club in Everson, and Simon Matthews Jr., Class of 1956, whose widow is Shirley Smith Matthews, Class of 1957. Simon and Shirley are former owners of The Den in Monongah. 

Judy Freeland Stalnaker is a 1983 North Marion grad, which means she just missed going to Monongah High before the consolidation into North Marion.

No comments:

Post a Comment