Tuesday, December 13, 2022

NANCY FOX PETESHEL, CLASS OF 1952, PASSED AWAY IN SEPTEMBER

 


Sometimes happenings to Monongah High Alumni don’t get to me or other Lions for a while.

 

Take the case of Nancy Fox Peteshel, Class of 1952. She passed away September 3, 2022 but my sister, Jackie Olesky Straight, Class of 1955, just found out about it because another friend of Nancy’s mentioned it in passing. Jackie, good friends with Nancy for years, told me about it today during one of our regular phone calls between Ohio and West Virginia, when I inquired about Jackie’s recovery from covid.

Take the case of Nancy Fox Peteshel, Class of 1952. She passed away September 3, 2022 but my sister, Jackie Olesky Straight, Class of 1955, just found out about it because another friend of Nancy’s mentioned it in passing. Jackie, good friends with Nancy for years, told me about it today during one of our regular phone calls between Ohio and West Virginia, when I inquired about Jackie’s recovery from covid.

 

Jackie posted with a photo she sent me:

 

“Snowman was given to me by Nancy many Christmases ago. We exchanged gifts for more than 20 years and did lunch together monthly. She knew I was a huge Mountaineers fan so constantly furnished me with magazine articles and items about my team. The world lost a wonderful kind lady and I’m mourning my friend. RIP Nancy.” 

 

Nancy was in the Honor Society, Girls State, played clarinet in the Monongah High band and was on the 1952 Black Diamond yearbook staff and in the senior play, “My Country Cousin From Texas.”

 

Nancy’s parents were Lorin Fox and Catherine Tiano Fox. Nancy worked at Mon Power for more than 40 years. She was the widow of Charles Peteshel.

 

Nancy Kinty and Rebecca Harsh were Nancy’s close friends in her final years. Doreen Gump and Doris Gump were Nancy’s caretakers.

 

Nancy’s obituary:

 

NANCY ANN PETESHEL

August 16, 1934 - September 3, 2022

 

Nancy Ann Peteshel, 88, of Fairmont, passed away Saturday, September 3, 2022. She was born in Fairmont, WV on August 16, 1934, a daughter of the late Lorin Fox and Catherine Tiano Fox.

Nancy was employed by Mon Power for over 40 years.

In addition to her parents, Nancy was preceded in death by her husband, Charles Peteshel.

Nancy’s close friends, Nancy Kinty and Rebecca Harsh, would like to give special thanks to her caretakers, Doreen Gump and Doris Gump and to WVU Medicine Hospice.

Per Nancy’s request, the services will be held privately. Interment will be at Maple Grove Cemetery. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.domicofh.com .



Snowman that Nancy gave to Jackie one year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment