Monday, November 12, 2018


Maybe the WVU Athletic Department should pay my sister, Jackie Olesky Straight, Class of 1955, who lives in Rivesville, and me, John Olesky, Class of 1950, who lives in Tallmadge, Ohio, to attend all the games in Mountaineer Field.

Jackie and I sat together in Section 105 with our usual season tickets for all five home games this season . . . and WVU is undefeated at home in 2018!

After the Mountaineers beat Oklahoma State (3:30 p.m. Saturday kickoff in Stillwater; TV coverage on ABC) . . . I hope, I hope, I hope . . . then Oklahoma comes to Mountaineer Field at 8 p.m. Friday, November 23 (TV coverage on ESPN on Championship Week).

Jackie and I will be there, of course. It would be a fabulous Thanksgiving gift, albeit a day late, if WVU would finish the season unbeaten at home. And move on to the Big 12 title game!!!

And maybe, if my heart and Pacemaker can stand it, be chosen for the Football Final Four!!!! National champs, anyone?

It’s time WVU won a national title in something besides rifle.

First, get out the national title Mountaineer teams rifles and shoot down Oklahoma State and Oklahoma!!! Figuratively, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment