Monday, November 19, 2018



Dave Fazio
Brother has hand in shoulder surgery

Dave Fazio, my cousin because his mother, Frances Olesky Fazio, and my father, John W. Olesky, Sr., were siblings, will be having shoulder surgery Tuesday, November 20 in Alabama.

And it sounds like Alabama Coach Nick “Brother” Saban, quarterback of the 1968 Monongah High state championship team, had a hand in it.

Let his wife, Cora Fazio, who runs Fazio ElderCare in Stoney Lonesome, tell it:

Nick Saban
“Dave’s having shoulder surgery tomorrow in Alabama. I think his doctor is well qualified. Thanks, Brother! Roll
Tide.”

Brother quietly helps Lions for decades. His daddy taught Brother well.

In this case, Brother and cousin David began their friendship at Monongah High. Despite his fame as America's #1 college football coach, Brother doesn't forget his friends and his days at Monongah High.

Dave’s father was Renzy Fazio, a superb golfer who put me in my place when I was on the Fairmont State golf team. And yet tried to build me up to Aunt Frances later by saying “he’s pretty good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment